Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

I was recently a victim of I guess.. a debit card cloning? where they got my debit card information from what had to of been online because the card has never left my wallet. Anyways, after researching the charges that overdrafted my bank account (which didn't allow me to pay my bills on time and not have any food to eat with... etc..) the video revieled two men who went into a Publix Supermarket and purchased $212.84 worth of ciggarette cartons. The clerk did not ask for Id for the rare order to verify that the man purchasing was indeed the card holder...

20 minutes after that the same men went to a local walgreens and purchased $82.19 of merchandise...I am waiting to hear back from the manager of walgreens...but if it is the same case as Publix shouldnt that be addressed in a civil mannor to prevent fraud such as this?

Do I have a fair case against Publix in this situation? Any kind of negligence on either Walgreens or Publix's behalf? Or anything civil against the men who used my debit card information if apprehended?

Answered on: 5/25/10, 1:31 pm by Glen Ashman

Your remedy is with your own bank. Assuming you reported the fraud promptly your bank should fix the problem.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344