Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

I sold a 4-wheller and i used the money to pay another debt opposed to paying off the 4-wheller. They gentleman I sold the 4-wheller to wants the title as I am still paying on the 4-wheller and dont have the title just yet. I wrote up a plain document and had it notarized by my co-worker saying i would have the title to him in 3 months however it has been 6 months. Is there anything he can do to me legally?

Answered on: 9/27/13, 10:55 am by Robert Gardner

He could sue you for breach of contract, and ask for his title back. Also, selling property in which another party has a secured interest could leave you liable to the title lienholder for theft. Your best bet may be to do whatever it takes to get the title back and put this behind you.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680

Answered on: 9/27/13, 4:41 pm by Glen Ashman

You committed multiple crimes and fraud. You can probably be put in jail for selling a vehicle you did not have clear title to. Youy can also be sued. You need to call all your friends and family and take out whatever loans you must take out to pay this off right away. This will not get better.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344