Legal Question in Health Care Law in Georgia

I was diagnosed with a non-curable virus in October 2011. I recently had a second blood test showing I tested negative for the virus. I was put on meds for three months. Is there anything I can do legally? Such as reimbursement or financial commensation.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Medicine is not an exact science. That is why we get second or third opinions on important medical issues. You don't tell us how anyone was negligent, or how you know the second test is not incorrect. How much money is at stake, and even if there was negligence is it worth hiring a lawyer, hiring the required expert, and going to Court? Maybe it is good enough to make sure the latest test is accurate, be happy with the results and move on. No one here can tell you if you have a claim based on the information provided.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

First of all, you should be thankful to God that you are well. That is great news.

Medicine is not an exact science, and unless you can show (1) that you were seriously harmed by the medicine, and (2) that the standard of care was less than the minimum accepted standard of care generally there would not be a legal claim. Most jurors would also be very unsympathetic with someone complaining they were healthy.

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Georgia

Health Care Law Legal Forms