Georgia  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/06/13, 9:50 am

i want to bring my fiance from canada here on a k-1 visa. Last year she filed her taxes under common law with a previous boyfriend. They were never actually common law married and she is in the process of changing her status with their tax division but it takes 90 days to change her status. Can i begin to submit the paper work to sponsor her for the visa or should i wait until her status changes?

Also once the paper work is started will we still be able to visit each other?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search