Legal Question in Immigration Law in Georgia

how do you marry someone from ghana an get them to the states if you are low income?will their govt. or our govt. help?

Asked on 8/02/10, 6:34 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, the government will not help. This is a private matter. You have to earn enough in order to sponsor a foreign husband. Or have to find a willing joint sponsor to be a second sponsor.

If you would like to request a confidential legal advice or schedule telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, please email me directly at Attorney @ and I will send you a Questionnaire. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all States and globally. More information at

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

Read more
Answered on 8/07/10, 6:59 pm
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your income does not meet the minimum pursuant to the Minimum Poverty Guidelines of 2009 of the US Department of State you will have to file a Joint Affidavit of Support (I-864A) in addition to a regular Affidavit of Support (I-864) in order to supplement and augment your financial background. Please call our law office at (212) 968-8600 or toll free at (866) 761-5308 to discuss your matters further.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/10, 9:32 am
Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may obtain a joint-sponsor although I recommend a free consultation to discuss your matter in greater detail if you would like assistance on this matter.

You may request a free consultation with me here:

Read more
Answered on 8/09/10, 2:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now