Legal Question in Immigration Law in Georgia

im pregnant and i want to get married, but my partner is an illegal citizen. I want him to stay in the US with me to take care of both me and our baby. How can getting married help him become a citizen?

Asked on 7/16/10, 6:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your partner entered the US illegally without inspection, then it's possible he may need to go back to his home country to process for his permanent residence based on marriage to you, the US citizen.

This will involve the I-601 waiver process which is described in detail here:

Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation at your convenience.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/10, 1:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now