Georgia  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/21/13, 1:09 pm

if you are any of your relatives from some other country got visit visa to visit you or stay with you but you are worried that the person might try to harm you or your family in some way or threaten to harm you

what can you do is their any legal way to get their visa cancelled and prevent them from visiting you

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/21/13, 1:17 pm by Marlene Hemmings

If you believe the person is engaged in terrorist activity, contact the Department of Homeland Security.

If the person is threatening you now, contact the local police.

Otherwise, there is nothing you can do from an immigration stand point, and local law enforcement cannot do anything if you just "think" they might threaten or harm you, without them having taken such action.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search