Georgia  |  Insurance Law

My neighbor crashed into my parked car. I called his ins co and Went to a preferred shops in my area. We made an appointment with his ins co to have the damage appraised. The car was appraised and fixed. My bodywork is terrible. I was surprised by all the damage caused by the shop. My parts are loose and barely hanging on. I called them same day. I looked at the estimate and the final invoice and found that the body shop fraudulently charged the ins comp extra money. I called the ins comp and asked them to look at my car. They looked at my car and agreed with me with both the fraud and bad shoddy work. Also the shop hid the fact that my frame was compromised. They beat my frame back to shape with a hammer and didn't mention it all.

Answered on: 6/23/13, 5:45 pm by Glen Ashman

Since you didn't ask a question, there's nothing to respond to, but it sounds like the insurance company is helping you get the repairs redone, so I'm not clear why you posted.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 6/24/13, 8:37 am by Ronald Arthur Lowry

I'm not sure what a "preferred shop" is. Is it one controlled by the insurer? That is common now with some insurers and is commonly called "concierge service." If you took your car to be fixed there because the insurer directed you there the insurer should pay to fix the car correctly at another shop.

Ronald Arthur Lowry P.O.Box 3005 Marietta, GA 30061