Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Georgia

At my job I saw a need for class and approach my boss about teaching the class. I was allowed to and came up with all the teaching material. Do I own the rights to the teaching material or my employer?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

If you did it as part of your employment (which appears to be the case), likely your employer owns it. This was a question to be answered by you and your employer before you created the work. However, the bottom line might be whether these materials are worth anything beyond a class for work. Does your employer care if you let someone else use them? Do you care (or does it cost you a dime) if your employer uses the materials? If not, there are often consequences for starting a dispute with your employer over a relatively insignificant issue.

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Georgia

Intellectual Property Legal Forms