Georgia  |  Juvenile Dependency

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/29/13, 3:24 am

If the parents of a 16 year old in Georgia are both arrested, will the 16 year old be allowed to choose where s/he wants to live? Or will s/he immediately go into state custody?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/13/13, 10:05 am by Martin Hilliard

Generally, and more times than not, the Judge will allow a family member to intervene and take temporary custody.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Martin G. Hilliard, PC 370 Shyrewood Drive Lawrenceville, GA 30043

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search