Legal Question in Employment Law in Georgia

I was wrongfully terminated for a cashier being short in her cash drop when i followed the procedures like i was suppose to. the cashiers are allowed to do their own pick up without a manager being present so can i be held accountable for something she chose to do when the manager only touchs their register at the end of the night to add up the money to do the deposit as well the manager having about 7 or 8 write up for me to sign with no verbal warning or a coaching form being signed notifying that i have been addressed with the issue

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

In Georgia, unless you have a contract, employees can be terminated for any or no reason, with no notice (with very few exceptions for such things as unlawful discrimination). Your post indicates you just disagree with the decision, but that is not a legal issue (even if you are 100% correct). There is no general right or entitlement to a job. Of course, you can apply for unemployment and you may argue your case to that office if the employer contests.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Georgia

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms