Georgia  |  Military Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/22/07, 12:20 pm

General discharge

I received a General discharge under other than honorable conditions 20 yrs ago (Not proud of that!!!!). I have had a conceal carry permit for a handgun for 15 yrs and have never been turned down on a gun purchase. Very recently I was just turned down for my 4th CCW permit because the ''FBI'' told the local courthouse that I was a ''deserter'' and had received a ''Dishonorable discharge'' which I did not. I have NEVER been in any trouble concerning the law and am what most would consider a model citizen! I am also looking to get an overseas contractor job and am afraid that this may affect me adversly! I made a Very bad mistake 20 yrs ago and don't feel that it should affect who and what I am since that happened! What can I do at this point and can they turn me down for my permit if my discharge wasn't a ''dishonorable''?

Thank you...........Al

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search