Legal Question in Military Law in Georgia

spousal support

if someone is in the service . are they supposed to help with their spouses support

Asked on 6/26/09, 8:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scot Sikes Law Offices of Scot Sikes
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: spousal support

Depends upon the Service. The Army does require a specific amount of support to be provided for family members in the absence of a court order. It's called the Interim Support Requirement and is spelled out in AR 608-99. There are a few exceptions which can only be granted by an O-5 level commander, but these particulars are difficult to sufficiently discuss in this forum.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/09, 7:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now