Georgia  |  Personal Injury

I was in and accident, I just want to know how long legelly does the adjuster have to return a claim

Answered on: 7/17/13, 9:50 pm by Glen Ashman

They don't EVER have to do anything, and that is likely what will happen if you were hurt in an accident and do not hire counsel. After two years, you lose all rights to a claim. On average, people who do not hire lawyers get 70-80% less than people who hire counsel, and people who speak with adjusters before hiring counsel also reduce the value of their claim. Stop talking to the adjuster and retain a lawyer. If you don't have counsel and were injured, call my office at 404-768-3509 with details.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 7/18/13, 6:10 am by Robert Gardner

As usual, I agree with Mr. Ashman. You need to understand that the adjuster works for the insurance company to try and value your claim as low as they can get away with. The insurance company is as much an adversary as a spouse in a divorce, and you should govern yourself as if that were the case. If you are dealing with property damage only, prepare to be low-balled. If you are dealing with personal injuries, prepare to be insulted and marginalized. At the very least, sit down with a personal injury attorney and find out what your case is actually worth. If you were hurt and are not receiving the proper medical treatment, you could be losing any chance of being reimbursed and compensated as you should.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680