Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Son's finger

Can I sue the school due to the teacher's aid shutting his finger in the classroom door resulting in loss of top of pinky and bone damage? This is something that happened on school property and during school hours. When I received the call that this had happened, the secretary told me I needed to come pick up my son for an accident that had happened and she wasn't sure if he needed er attention. My son is going to have this disfiguring mark the rest of his life. Isn't there some way the school should be liable?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Re: Son's finger

You need to retain a lawyer. You've left out most of the information needed to answer you, including how long ago this happened, the amount of the medical bills, whether this is a public or private school, what insurance you have, and so on. All those things will impact liability and damages.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia