Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

Can an entity that is NOT a corporation registered with the Secretary of State own property?

I'm suing a corporation, and found out that the business property is held in the name of the (unofficial, NOT registered) DBA. Is this legal?

Asked on 11/28/12, 3:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless the company is some form of limited partnership, any entity is registered with the Secretary of State. A trade name (dba) is not a separate entity, but a trade name that should be registered with the local superior court.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/12, 4:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now