Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/03/13, 8:43 pm

I filed a civil lawsuit against someone for breach of contract. They moved out of state just prior to being officially served by the processor server. Consequently, the service order was returned to the court clerked marked not served.

If the defendant has moved out of state, can he be served by U.S. mail?

Also can the defendant still be sued in the state court where I live (GA) though he may no longer reside in the state?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search