Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

we have some land in our name and we want to get it changed over to our kids do we have to go throught a lawyer to get it done

Asked on 8/19/13, 9:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, if you want it done correctly. Several questions come up. Whether or not there are better estate planning options; Tax implications; whether or not you are (unintentionally) setting up a dispute between your children if they disagree on something down the road, etc.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 9:40 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, unless you want a mess. Besides the fact that a slight error could cloud the title, you also have gift tax issues to consider, and practical ones (in other words there may be other options you should consider).

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 9:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now