Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Do I have any legal recourse against a buyer & real estate agent that knowingly lied about their ability to close on a home I am selling to keep things going?

As a seller,I entered into a housing contract with a buyer via a real estate agent for my house in Georgia(I am active duty military & transferred to Virginia). They have missed every timeline in the contract(due regard period,appraisal,funding letter) but did have a pre-approval letter for a loan. They advised that their lending agent dropped the ball & asked for a delayed appraisal period which I agreed to. Closing is in a few days & when I requested a status for closing they advised the lender was now working against them & they needed another 30-45 days. I contacted the lender & was told by the lending supervisor the buyers lost their pre-approved status over 30 days ago & the buyers & agent were aware despite the agent telling me otherwise(lying). Do I have any legal recourse?