Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

I no longer live in my property in Georgia. I moved to Maryland for another job about 4 years ago. The property had since been rented out twice and I tried to sale twice. I have an 80/20 loan. The 20% loan is a home equity line of credit. I attempted to do a deed in-lieu of foreclosure. Both banks agreed and the 20% lender sent a settlement letter to the 80% lender. However, the 80% lender wanted in addition to the agrement a W9 form. The 20% lender refused to provide this form. After a lot of going back and forth and no budging from the other lender to provide the W9 form, the property ended up in foreclosure. I just received another settlement letter from 20% lender offering me to pay approximately 15% of the current balance. I tried to negotiate the offer down because I donít even have the 15%, which they want within 1 month. What are my options? Should I hire a lawyer, should I pay and be done with this (I would have to take out a loan to pay), or should I wait it out and see if the home sales in foreclosure and then try to settle? By the way can the 20% lender legally try to settle with me without the other banks consent?

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Talk to a lawyer in person. This is too complicated for an internet posting.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia