Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

There is a property that was supposed to be signed over to me at the age of 21 due to my fathers lack of back pay child support. I am now 33 and the house and land still remain in my father's name and half in my mother's name. I would like to get a copy of the court papers to see exactly what they state. How do I go about doing this? What is the next step I need to take in order to get the property into my name?

Asked on 1/30/12, 3:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Step one is go to the courthouse. They can pull even very old records. Take a copy of the case file to a lawyer to determine what if anything can be done now.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/12, 4:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now