Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Tenant lease is over. both tenant and landlord agreed to move out notice/date. Tenant wont vacate property of personal effect. do i need an eviction notice or can i enter the property and dispose of property? live in georgia

Answered on: 2/13/12, 10:04 am by Glenn M. Lyon, Esq.

No. Unless the tenant truly abandons the property, you must proceed with the proper eviction process by demanding possession of the property in writing and then filing a dispossessory action in the magistrate court of the county where the property is located.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. The link to my contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys 1230 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3750 Atlanta, GA 30309

Answered on: 2/13/12, 7:13 pm by Glen Ashman

You have to file a dispossesory proceeding (usually in Magistrate's Court). If you engage in self-help you are at risk of a significant lawsuit against you.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344