Legal Question in Securities Law in Georgia

On 3/23/12 I visited a buy here pay here car lot and signed a deposit receipt stating the my down payment would be applied as my security deposit. The documentation states that under no circumstance can the security deposit be refunded. However it also states that I have a remaining balance on the car and that the sale will finalize at unknown date (This portion of the document was blank). Am I entitled to my down payment/security deposit of $500 because there was no specific date of finalization? The transaction began on 4/23. I received the car on 4/24 and returned the car on 4/26.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Your question has nothing to do with securities law (the category you chose) so many lawyers might not see it. In addition, your post makes little sense as far as telling us what actually happened and no one here has the paperwork you reference. We also don't know why you returned the car, or whether you had any right to return it and get any money back. Unless you want to post these details, clearly so we understand the situation, you won't get a meaningful response.

More Securities Law questions and answers in Georgia

Securities Law Legal Forms