Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Georgia

Still A Minor!

I am a minor who is being harassed at work by my manager. I would like to know what can be done to make it stop, or what needs to be done so it doesn't go any further.

Thanks

Jeff Kent Kent & Merritt, P.A.

Re: Still A Minor!

Amanda is correct that you need to check to see if the company has a policy against sexual harassment. If it does, make sure that you follow the complaint procedure to the letter. If the company does not have a sexual harassment policy, speak with the HR manager or another manager about the situation. There are a number of things you can, and should, do to stop this harassment, and you might want to talk with an attorney to find out what your rights and obligations are. Most attorneys will give you at least a free phone consultation. Good luck!

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. Consult with your own attorney before taking legal action. No attorney/client relationship has been created or should be implied by anything contained herein.

E. Jay Abt Abt Law Group, P.C.

Re: Still A Minor!

Please call me at (404) 320-0066 and I will be happy to give you free legal advice regarding your situation. Thanks,

E. Jay Abt, Attorney at Law

Amanda Farahany Barrett & Farahany, LLP

Re: Still A Minor!

If you are being sexually harassed by your manager, you should complain to someone in the company so that they are aware of the harassment. In order to do so, review your employee manual to determine which individual you can report the issue to, so that the company is aware of the problem. The company must be aware of the problem before they can be held responsible for failing to protect you from sexual harassment. If your company does not have an employee manual, then tell either Human Resources or another supervisor that you feel comfortable with. Once you tell the company, they are required to make it stop. They are also not allowed to do anything harmful to you, for reporting the harassment. If you have any further questions, you can call or email me directly at amanda@mindspring.com

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Georgia

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms