Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Georgia

I am an RA at a college. My head RA request that I meet with her privately in her room at 8 o'clock at night . I do not feel comfortable doing this and told her this but she still says I have to do it . Does that infringe on my right any? It seems lie sexual harrassment and what if she goes and tells someone I raped her while I was in her room ? Just the fact that I was in her room that late would not look good for me.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If you are uncomfortable with this, either quit as an RA or talk with her supervisor, who may either agree or disagree with you.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Of course it is not sexual harassment merely because she asked for a meeting, and no "rights" have been violated. There is nothing wrong with being cautious, but it won't add anything on your end to add meaningless accusations and claim "harassment." It might be you who loses the job because of false accusations like that because the school wants to protect itself.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Georgia

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms