Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Georgia

Can I still sue my employer and a former supervisor for Sexual Harassment and di

I was sexually harassed by a supervisor for the company that I work for for close to a year. I told him that I did not like the things that he was saying to me and I did not like him touching me. Finally I got tired and went to my manager and then to Human Resources. I had to talk to their lawyers and a few other people. I was never told about the EEOC so I knew nothing of them and we have nothing around my company about them. I have been ridiculed about this because he was fired I also have proof of discrimination. Can I still sue the company and the supervisor it has been over a year? I am still being ridiculed.

Amanda Farahany Barrett & Farahany, LLP

Re: Can I still sue my employer and a former supervisor for Sexual Harassment an

You may have a claim under state law for negligent supervision and intentional infliction of emotional distress, if you can show that prior to your complaints, the company was aware that he was a harasser and had not taken prompt remedial action. You have up to two years in which to bring a claim under the state law. In addition, if you are being retaliated against for making those complaints, you may also have claims with the EEOC for retaliation, if it has happened in the last 180 days.

(I believe you called my firm, and left a message with my assistant. I tried to return your call, but got a run around voice mail on an AT & T system. If you'd like to call back, I'd be happy to speak with you further about this.)

E. Jay Abt Abt Law Group, P.C.

You may still be able to sue your employer in state court, depending which state you worked in. You have almost certainly waived your right to a federal claim under Title VII, but most states allow for recovery with longer statutes of limitations. Please do not hestitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your case further. You can reach me at (404) 320-0066. Thank you.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Georgia

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms