Georgia  |  Traffic Law

i have a bench warrant because i missed my court date wednesday. a sheriff gave me a ticket from having blue led lights. i didnt know they were illegal. i called to letthem know i missed it and they told me to come to court friday. it was a state ticket. will i get arrested friday when i go to court?

Answered on: 9/25/13, 2:38 pm by Robert Gardner

If they are having another court date on the same date, you will probably be fine. Call the court and ask, without giving your name, if there is a traffic court calendar on that date. If they tell you there is not one, it means they are trying to get you to come up there so that they can arrest you. Although, I don't thing they would be that dishonest, stranger things have happened. However, given that this is just a traffic ticket, they want the money rather than to have to feed and clothe you in the jail.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680

Answered on: 9/25/13, 4:53 pm by Glen Ashman

The best way to know is to have your lawyer check. In some courts you might be arrested on a bench warrant and then have a failure to appear plus the ticket. Some might just reset the ticket and some will charge a reset fee. Frankly this is why people need lawyers. Instead of guessing and hoping, a lawyer will likely sort it out for you.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344