Georgia  |  Traffic Law

I was cited, at gunpoint, by 2x Deputies and 1x State Patrol for being in compliance with a motorcycle equipment law.

I was cited for not wearing boots while riding my motorcycle. the law says I need wear some kind of footwear other than just socks. I was.

Is there case law on this matter that I'm missing? Seems I was threatened at gunpoint, illegally searched without consent, my person and property both illegally seized without consent, and I was in compliance with the law to begin with, so there was no reason for it to have happened.

Answered on: 2/07/13, 3:51 pm by Scott Riddle

You can hire a lawyer to do your research. Clearly there is much more to the story, and the police no doubt have their version, and we certainly don't know what you were wearing on your feet.

Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC Suite 1530 Tower Place, 3340 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30326