Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

I am new to Dekalb County in Georgia, and I received a ticket today for my license plate cover tint being too dark. I just moved from North Carolina and I am struggling financially as a school teacher. I want to know if I can reduce or remove this citation.

Asked on 8/07/13, 6:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The fine for the offense is pretty minimal. Your options - pay it, or spend the money to hire counsel to challenge it. In many courts, if your funds are limited, you can ask to do community service in lieu of a fine. However, the cost of counsel may exceed the cost of the ticket.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/13, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now