Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

My friend and I got into a wreck the other night. He was driving I was passenger. We had been drinking and we both left the accident after the wreck so he would not get a dui. I was charged with seat belt violation and open container. The only reason they knew I was in the vehicle was because the found my wallet in it. Couldn’t I say I left my wallet in his truck a week ago and that I was not in the vehicle during the accident? They have no proof I was there.

please write back.

Thanks for your time

Dean

Quinn Johnson, Esq. Johnson PC, Attorneys at Law

You may have a defense to the citations of open-container and failure to wear a seat belt.

You have taken a first step by posting on this website. However, at this point you should consult an attorney immediately. Furthermore, do not post any other details on this (or any other) public website.

Please feel free to call my office now for a free consultation and information. (404.496.4119)

Good luck.

S. Quinn Johnson, Esq.

Johnson PC

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You just posted plans to commit perjury, a crime, along with your name and zipo code, on the internet, where prosecutors can see it and use it at trial.

You needed a lawyer before. You really need one now.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia