Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

Trying this again - hoping to get an answer. Unfortunately, it was my turn to be the unlucky speeder today in DeKalb County. I was going along with the pack as usual (I try to never be the one car passing everyone) and just got caught. Unfortunately, even on a busy day on I85, the pack was going 80+ in a 55. As Much as I try to never get super speeder status, I got his for 84 in a 55. My first ticket in probably a decade. So, bottom line is that if it was 15-18 over, I take my medicine and pay. My concern is not the cost of the ticket, but longer term ramifications. I am not TOO concerned about insurance with a previously spotless record, but of course I don't want to pay more. I'll probably give them a call. So, any comments on 1) just paying and slow down, 2) getting a traffic court lawyer to make a call or two in DeKalb to see if it can be reduced to something less than super speeder, or 3) go to court myself. Yes, I know I am asking lawyers about going to court myself, but I am ready and willing to pay the fine anyway, just would go to be nice, polite and request a reduction. From friends, I know reductions are not uncommon. Thanks for input.

Asked on 9/05/12, 9:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You would likely benefit from using a lawyer who regularly practices in that court. Given the potential costs in fines and insurance you may realize a savings by doing so.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/12, 10:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now