Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

Trying this again - hoping to get an answer. Unfortunately, it was my turn to be the unlucky speeder today in DeKalb County. I was going along with the pack as usual (I try to never be the one car passing everyone) and just got caught. Unfortunately, even on a busy day on I85, the pack was going 80+ in a 55. As Much as I try to never get super speeder status, I got his for 84 in a 55. My first ticket in probably a decade. So, bottom line is that if it was 15-18 over, I take my medicine and pay. My concern is not the cost of the ticket, but longer term ramifications. I am not TOO concerned about insurance with a previously spotless record, but of course I don't want to pay more. I'll probably give them a call. So, any comments on 1) just paying and slow down, 2) getting a traffic court lawyer to make a call or two in DeKalb to see if it can be reduced to something less than super speeder, or 3) go to court myself. Yes, I know I am asking lawyers about going to court myself, but I am ready and willing to pay the fine anyway, just would go to be nice, polite and request a reduction. From friends, I know reductions are not uncommon. Thanks for input.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You would likely benefit from using a lawyer who regularly practices in that court. Given the potential costs in fines and insurance you may realize a savings by doing so.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia