Georgia  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/15/13, 4:30 pm

I was involved in an accident while driving with my permit. I was in my friends car and he was under 21, Which I know is illegal. When I was getting processed by the police, I was asked for my license. I gave my permit to him and told him it was class cp multiple times. When I got home I looked at the citation, but I was only charged with failure to yield at a green light and they had documented me as having my class C license. Should I contact the court system and try to correct it? or should I just pay the citation and not bring it up?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/17/13, 6:23 am by Robert Gardner

So long as you do not make a false statement to the police or a court, you have no duty to help them punish you more. However, paying the ticket is a guilty plea and could cause problems with the Department of motor vehicle safety when such is reported. You need to think about hiring an attorney to get the charge reduced to some kind of non moving violation or some other charge which does not report to the state.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search