Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

License suspended

Hoping someone can help me with this. I got a letter from GA DMV recently stating that my driver's license had been suspended due to a DUI I received in TN in 2006. Well, here's the problem: I have never received a DUI in my life. I tried calling the GA DMV, but they were closed. I have to work on Monday and that requires that I drive to get to work. What should I do about this? Of course, I'll call DMV first thing Monday, but I need to leave Monday morning to go to work. Thanks for any help.

David Glass Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC

Re: License suspended

You actually need to clear you name with the State of Tennessee. Georgia will only reinstate your license if Tennessee sends an official document that clears up the mistake. You may want to consult an attorney immediately. I would get a ride to work or use public transportation. If you are caught driving on a suspended license, you will go to jail. You can call my colleague for assistance, attorney Kendall Carter, he can be reached at 404.962.4475.

Best of luck,

David H. Glass

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia