Georgia  |  Traffic Law

I had recently received a speeding ticket and was also charged with reckless driving I was clock at 89 in a 65 on hwy 85 in Georgia. I also got a ticket for a broken speedometer at the time I have court fastly approaching and wanted to know what I could be possibly looking at.

Answered on: 8/27/13, 7:59 am by Glen Ashman

Probably a large fine and a $200 super speeder surcharge. You'd do well to talk to a lawyer. If you're under 21 you may also face a license suspension.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 8/28/13, 10:55 am by Robert Gardner

If you have a lawyer, you could probably have some of the charges reduced so that the effect on your license is minimal. If you just go in and pay the fine (which is what you would normally get for these charges) the points on your license will cause your insurance to go up significantly. If you are under 21, these points are enough to suspend your license. Try and find an attorney to walk you through this, as the money you will spend on an attorney will save you more in the long run that it would cost.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680