Georgia  |  Veterans Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/21/12, 7:51 am

The VA requires a certified copy of a veteran's service separation document to apply for burial benefits. I have the only original copy of this document as the copy kept on file in the national registry was destroyed in a fire. How can I get a 'certified' copy of this document?

1 Answer

Answered on: 1/24/13, 8:35 am by James Swain

There are two ways: (1) your county court clerks should be willing to certify a copy of the orginal and (2) order your discharge from the national archive site.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Swain Law Firm 515 E. Crossville RD., Ste 110 Roswell, GA 30075

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search