Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

when i was 25 my dad passed away leaving behind no will i signed a consent for my mom to probate the estate i think but my question is this am i entiltled to any inheritance or say if she sells the house? also i am the only child of my father

Asked on 5/13/10, 10:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

First, I would have to see the signed document.

Second, I would have to see the docket and relevant documents filed in probate court.

You can review the documents in court to determine the assets and liabilities in your father's estate. You may be entitled to your intestate share.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/10, 3:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now