Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

My grandparents died 2 years ago. And there are 4 daughters. One of the daughters has kinda taken the will and ran with it. She won't disclose any of the information on it. What can be done to make her tell the family what was left in the will.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Unless you're an heir, nothing. If you are named in the will (and a trip to the probate court to read it would answer that), retain a lawyer.

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

I assume you are one of the daughters. Therefore, you can move to become the administrator of the estate. You haven't seen a will, and there may not be one. Therefore, you can file to have the grandparents considered intestate (without a will). If there is a will, the daughter will certainly be forced to produce it at that point. Otherwise, the net of the estate will be divided equally among the daughters.

Yes, if you want to take over the matter, I recommend that you retain a lawyer to guide you through this process. You didn't state where in Georgia you are located. However, if you are in the Atlanta Metro area, please contact me with further information. ([email protected] or (770)367-1234.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia