Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

step children inheritance

my stepfather did not have children.Am I in line before nieces or nephews.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Re: step children inheritance

Stepchildren inherit nothing in Georgia unless they are provided for in a will.

Mitchell Roth MW Roth, Professional Law Corporation

Re: step children inheritance

Mr. Ashman's question is not really correct. They may also be provided for in a Living Trust, or even by other means.

Step children are not in line by the laws of intestacy, meaning if your stepfather's estate is probated and there is no will.

Your stepfather, of course, can fix that by a Will, but preferably will by getting a living trust package.

If your stepfather is still alive, I suggest you buy him my book coming out on the 15th of this month, "Create Your Legacy & Save the American Middle Class, How You Can Protect Your Loved Ones in the Event of Death or Disability (Without Paying a Legal Fees}" You will be able to order the book on-line at Amazon.com, but, it is better to order at www.IWantToCreateMyLegacy.com. If you order there, you will get a free special report entitled "The 7 Urban Myths About Medicaid & The Truths You Need to Know". This report alone could save you and your family hundreds of times the cost of the book. The book is, to my knowledge, the only one written for regular people in the middle class, and it contains in an appendix the Legacy Living Trust Package, which to my knowledge is the only complete fill-in the blanks trust package written in simple English (no Legalese) that will be valid in every State in the US.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia