Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

my attorney told me that I am not allowed to attend the demand for settlement for worker's comp court appearance why? That doesn't sound right to me, because I may have questions

Lisa Schrage Law Offices of Lisa S. Schrage, P.C.

If a settlement mediation is scheduled in your case, you have every right to attend. Possibly there is some confusion regarding what "court appearance" is actually scheduled for you (if anything). Lots of workers' compensation cases are negotiated between the attorney for the injured worker and the attorney for the insurance company and there is no actual court appearance since settlement is completely voluntary. Certainly your attorney should keep you informed of what the demand is and what the offer is; however, you will likely not be invited to take part in every conversation the attorneys have regarding settlement. Good luck to you.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms