Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

do i have a case against my company

i got hurt at work crushed my foot in a machine that did not have a guard rail been out of work for a year now i am suing workman comp but what i want to know is can i sue the company itself for pain and suffering i am getting paid a workman comp check but they told me once my 400 weeks of my workman comp. check run out i dont get a settlement is this true?

Asked on 9/08/00, 4:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Susan Robinson Susan Morgan Robinson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: do i have a case against my company

Yes you have a final settlement amount due you. I can get your final settlement for you but you will need to see a Doctor that is more pro-claimant than the one the Insurance Company has probably sent you to for a final rating. If you have not had a final rating from your original treating physician, then please wait until we speak. Call me at 404-995-7060 for an appointment.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/00, 9:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now