Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

I live in Georgia, how long can my employee hold my paycheck?

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

If this is a standard paycheck, they shouldn't be holding it at all. If they are, and won't give you a good reason for doing so, you may want to find another job. Since you posted this as a worker's comp question, and they are withholding either a pay check or benefit check, you need to hire a lawyer to keep them from giving you the run around.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms