Hawaii  |  Immigration Law

Getting married legally

My finance and I are planning to get married; however, I am not sure if I can get married legally.

My fiance is a u.s. citizen, and he just got divorced with his foreign wife. I am a foreigner and came to the u.s. with a tourist visa to visit him in May lasy year. I stayed in the u.s. for almost 4 months, and returned to my country in the end of August.

After 2 months, I re-entered to the u.s. again with a tourist visa, but I was in trouble when I asked to stay for 6 months. I had been questioned by a border patrol officer. He had searched my luggages. He found out that I lied to him when I told him those luggages were the only two I had. He found the contract I had with a storage store in the u.s. Then he asked me if I intend to get married during this trip. I told him this trip was just for vacation. He warmed me if I ever get married during this trip, I will be sent back to my country for 3 years. Is it ture?

I am still in the u.s. with my visa extended for another 6 months, but soon it will be expired in Oct. Now my fiance wants to marry me. I'd like to know if it's ok for me to get married or I have to apply for fiance visa. I'd appreciate your advice.