Legal Question in Military Law in Hawaii

Upgrade A Military Discharge.

Hello. I have recently got discharged with an Other Than Honorable Discharge For the USMC. I got It For Admitting Drug use on a statement. I had two piss test and was clean. i was Court Martialed and got brig time. Went to a discharge board and was given a OTH Suspened discharge. But supended was denied by the Comoanding General. Is there anyway way of upgrading this because i feel i was Wronged. any help is appreciated.

Asked on 8/22/08, 3:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Simmons Philip Simmons
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Upgrade A Military Discharge.

If you went to a special court-martial and did not receive a BCD then the Marine Corps can not approve an OTH unless it goes through Headquarters Marine Corps.

If you went to a summary court-martial, and there was a recommend suspension, this is a recommendation and the approval authority for the discharge would be the first general officer in the chain of command...he or she is free to follow or not follow this recommendation

Read more
Answered on 8/22/08, 11:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Hawaii

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now