Hawaii  |  Military Law

Upgrade A Military Discharge.

Hello. I have recently got discharged with an Other Than Honorable Discharge For the USMC. I got It For Admitting Drug use on a statement. I had two piss test and was clean. i was Court Martialed and got brig time. Went to a discharge board and was given a OTH Suspened discharge. But supended was denied by the Comoanding General. Is there anyway way of upgrading this because i feel i was Wronged. any help is appreciated.

Answered on: 8/22/08, 11:27 pm by Philip Simmons

Re: Upgrade A Military Discharge.

If you went to a special court-martial and did not receive a BCD then the Marine Corps can not approve an OTH unless it goes through Headquarters Marine Corps.

If you went to a summary court-martial, and there was a recommend suspension, this is a recommendation and the approval authority for the discharge would be the first general officer in the chain of command...he or she is free to follow or not follow this recommendation

Philip Simmons 14525 SW Millikan #38809 Beaverton, OR 97005