Legal Question in DUI Law in Idaho

Dui withheld judgements

My son received a DUI and the judge gave him a withheld judgement since it was a first offense and he has a 12 month probation. At the end of the probation will the DUI be erased from his record?

Michael Perez Law Office of Michael A. Perez

Re: Dui withheld judgements

Your terms are unclear. Probation implies a conviction. A conviction counts against his record for all purposes, driving record and insurance. I am thinking that your son received a supervision. Usually a first time offender gets supervision. With supervision there is no conviction. The insurance doesn't find out and after te term of supervision the case is "dismissed". I put it in quotes because on DUIs the arrest and supervision stay on his police record for later review in the event that he has other serious traffic offenses. Another DUI or reckless driving would be more serious because of the 1st offense. If you have other questions call me for a free consultation.

Michael

773 772-8989

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Idaho