Legal Question in Family Law in Idaho

How to get 1/2 of his penson

I have been divorced for 3yrs. I need to get a court order to take 1/2 of his Postal Retirment. We were married almost 20yrs. He will retire in a few years and I have every right to it. Our decree do not say that I can't take it. So what do I need to do. Thank you.

Asked on 12/29/04, 9:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: How to get 1/2 of his penson

You need to hire an attorney so that the paperwork can be prepared and submitted before he retires. You are entitled to 1/2 of the retirement that accumulated during your marriage, which with the federal government is generally a pretty large overall sum.

Jared B. Martes


Read more
Answered on 12/30/04, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Idaho

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now