Illinois  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/22/12, 6:37 pm

I had J1 visa than I changed my status to H1B. Right now I have H1B

status but do not have visa in my passport yet.

First question is: Is that legal to stay in the country having just

with H1B status ?

Second question if i want to get H1B Visa can I do it inside of US?

Sincerely yours,


1 Answer

Answered on: 3/23/12, 5:13 am by Caridad Cardinale

You can remain in the U.S. for as long as you have the approved H-1B status. You should have been sent an approval notice which should indicate the authorized dates. If you want to get the H-1B visa in your passport, you must do that at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate overseas. If you have any further questions you can contact us at (248) 619-0065. The consultation is free.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Pastor & Associates, P.C. 525 E. Big Beaver Rd. Suite 206 Troy, MI 48083

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search