Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My wife got an ex parte emergency order of protection. At the hearing I agreed to let her extend the order of protection for 10 months until the next hearing in our divorce. But the question is can I now file a motion to dismiss this temporary order of protection? The case is in illinois.

Asked on 8/16/12, 10:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. Yes, in my opinion you can file a motion to dismiss, but it will be within the discretion of the court whether to grant you the dismissal. You will have the burden of showing why you now want to have the o.p. dismissed since you originally agreed to it's extension. Will be happy to discuss this further and in more detail.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/12, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now