Legal Question in Disability Law in Illinois

My husband and I are both disabled. We are no longer able to take care of our home. We bought a camper and moved onto adjacent property that we own. Our village board is telling us we cannot live in our camper. (Middletown, IL.) We have sewer, water and electric hookup. What can we do?

Asked on 11/10/12, 8:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You apparently decided to buy a camper and have it permanently hooked up without first checking your local zoning and building laws. You are best advised to speak to a local attorney to determine whether you can obtain zoning relief or whether there are alternatives for you.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/12, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now