Illinois  |  Appeals and Writs

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/06/99, 11:22 am

Due Process

I contacted my sons, age 16, Public Defender within the 30 day time limit by certified mail that my son wanted to appeal his sentence. The PD wrote to me and said "Idefended your son not you and there will be no appeal"His, the PD, defense was so poor that my son was sentenced without even really being defended. Do I have any recourse?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search