Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Illinois

where can i get help to prepare a motion for the supreme court, if i have no money in illnois

Asked on 1/03/12, 6:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Contact your local bar association and ask for an attorney who might provide "pro bono" services, or contact a legal clinic in your vicinity. Otherwise, you will have to do all your own homework at your local law library and courthouse and learn how to file and appear "in forma pauperis" (ie. no money for fees). Of course if your motion relates to a legal matter what COULD result in your being awarded attorney may be acting pennywise and poundfoolish until you know what your legal rights are.....

Read more
Answered on 1/12/12, 11:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now